Did you know that this week is officially CHOCOLATE WEEK!
If you are anything like me then every week is chocolate week -yes you guessed it I love chocolate.
So if you love chocolate how can you still eat chocolate and lose weight. It can be done, but there are a few key things you need to do to ensure that your love of chocolate doesn’t sabotage your desire to lose weight.
- Include small amounts of chocolate in your planned eating.
- If you struggle in the evenings plan a snack as part of your eating plan.
- Buying good quality dark chocolate can satisfy chocolate craving with just a couple of squares of chocolate perhaps with a cup of coffee
- Make sure that the chocolate snacks you have are portion controlled. Such as treat size bags, or two fingered KitKats, or a Curly Wurly.
- Try not to exceed 140 calories a day in chocolate as you will not only be consuming calories but you will be taking a very big chunk out of the daily recommended level of sugar.
- If you find yourself turning to chocolate when you are stressed try to find something else that will help you. Exercise can be a great way to relieve stress, but a long soak in the bath could also suffice.
- Finally if you are eating chocolate every day you could start with a 5:2 approach cutting out chocolate 2 days a week to begin with -you never know you may even get to the point when you only have chocolate on 2 days a week and abstain for the other 5.
Personally I am on a 4:3 split but still trying
So why not celebrate Chocolate Week by taking control of your Chocolate eating!