I have one recipe that never fails to impress friends and they never think it is something you would cook when on a diet. The recipe I am sharing serves 4 and is only 400 calories per person and it tastes and looks great.
Just one of the recipes I include in my Weight Away Plans
295 calories per person
4 teaspoons of olive oil
500grams skinned and boned chicken breast and cut into bite size pieces
240ml chicken stock made with 1 stock cube
2 medium carrots cut into long thin strips
2 sticks celery chopped
2 shallots finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
100grams button or sliced mushrooms
240 mls dry white wine
240 mls skimmed milk
8 teaspoons of cornflour
100grams cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and cook until brown and cooked through then remove from the pan and set aside in a casserole dish to keep warm
- Add the vegetables to the pan and lightly stir fry adding the wine and letting it reduce before adding the chicken stock.
- Simmer for about 6-8 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and the liquid is reduced by half
- Meanwhile prepare the cheese sauce by gradually blending the milk into the cornflour. Bring to the boil stirring all the time. Simmer or 1-2 minutes until the sauce is thick and smooth. Add half the cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove the vegetables from their cooking liquid using a slotted spoon and spread them over the chicken pieces in the dish
- Stir the remaining vegetable liquid into the cheese sauce and season to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetable and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Place until hot grill until lightly brown
Serve with broccoli and a small portion (100 grams) of new potatoes for an additional 100 calories this brings the dish to 400 calories as in picture. You can adjust the amount of potatoes for guests if desired or for men which will increase the calories